1. Can you tell us a little bit about the band for those that have never heard of you before?
1. Ritual Killing is a Trash Metal band from Coburg, Germany which was founded in 2008.The band is composed of four passionate musicians. Simon (vocals, alfaia=Brazilian percussion), Flo (rhythm and lead guitar), Tom (bass guitar) and Fabian (drums). I have joined the band in 2010 as the former guitarist quit the band.
2. How would you describe your musical sound?
2. Our music is a mixture of different metal styles highlighted with exotic instruments.
We like to keep it old-school and we use these exotic instruments to get a ritual sound. (Fabian)
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
3. The lyrics are against globalization and the struggle between refusing but being forced to
participate. We are identifying ourselves more with foreign cultures and people, our message results in a martial vow against capitalism, the dictate of modern mass-media and politics.
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
4. We want to kill the society of today and we are doing this in a ritual way. ( Fabian) We also want to create a new society where each person counts as an individual and has got its own dignity. (Flo)
5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
5. Some of the best shows were Metalfest Germany and also as tour support of Varg´s Blutaar over Europe Tour. Also the Eisregen support show in Leipzig was a highlight. I think our stage performance is magnetic because we have played a lot of shows were only bands from other metal styles played like Varg or Eisregen and the audience was running wild. (Fabian)
6. Do you have any touring plans for the new album?
6. Yes, we´ve planned a couple of club gigs in Germany and Austria. (Flo)
7. Currently you are signed to Blacksmith Records, how did you get in contact with this label and how would you describe the support that they have given you so far?
7. We´ve signed a contract with Blacksmith Records after playing Metalfest, Germany in 2010. The fact that we´ve played on such a big festival with almost no live experience (my 2nd gig with the band) and that we´re rocking hard, live, was the main reason why the guys of Blacksmith Records got us on board. (Flo)
8. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of death and thrash metal?
8. we`ve get a very good feedback. At our live shows the people are going crazy. (Fabian)
9. Are there any other musical projects besides this band or is this a full time line up?
9. No, there are no other musical projects. (Fabian)
10. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
10. I believe blindly in getting more successful with this band and show the metal scene, how to rock the stage and make them going insane. (Flo)
11. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
11. Our music, primary is influenced by thrash metal bands like Sepultura, Exodus and Megadeth. But we also listen to some death metal and technical death metal, e.g Six Feet Under and Dying Fetus. I´m also really into glam rock and sleaze rock, e.g. Skid Row and Hardcore Superstar. All that differant music styles are making the unique sound of New Tribe. (Flo)
12. Outside of music what are some of your interest?
12. I like to go jogging and doing some sports. It gives a variety to making music. (Flo)
13. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
13. Thank you for having us in this interview. We want to show the world what New Tribe stands for and we want you metalheads out there to share a live experience with us an become part of the New Tribe.
Ritual Killing kills! Together we are the New Tribe! (Flo)