This is a zine dedicated to death/thrash, technical and traditional death metal for more info contact firstname.lastname@example.org looking for new authors do to lack of time to cover everything email me at the email listed above if you want to do reviews and interviews for the blog.
Tuesday, May 21, 2013
1.Can you tell us a little bit about the band for those that have never heard of you before?
Besieged is a very aggressive Death/Thrash Metal band from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada formed in 2003.
2.How would you describe your musical sound?
Intense, fast and aggressive
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
Religion, Anger, Vengeance, Suffering. "The end" was written about a video that I had seen glimpses of on the internet; It was these three kids that had abducted and brutally tortured and murdered a helpless old man. It was a very graphic and disturbing video I could only sit through 3-4 for minutes of it. Apparently they had done this to several people. If you read the lyrics you can see that I'm talking through this mans eyes and coming from a very dark and twisted view of reality and how cruel this world is and or can be. Having to deal with the suffering.
4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
Besieged is simply a powerful name. When you hear the music and see the name you know the two go hand in hand.
5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance? Lots and lots of energy. Pure energy. That's what we like.
6. Do you have any touring or shows plans for the future?
Right now we are working on our next full length. Should be 8-9 songs, we are still in the writing process but I can tell you if you thought we couldn't top "Victims Beyond All Help" your in for a very big surprise. All I can say right now for the artwork we have decided on legendary artist Dan Seagrave.
7. Recently Unspeakable Axe re-issued your 2010 album what are your thoughts on the final product?
I'm still waiting on my copies but I have seen pictures through the web and it looks awesome just as I expected. Eric from Unspeakable Axe is a phenomenal guy and I cant say enough about him.
8. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of death and thrash metal?
Amazing. It's seems the world is ready for a new band to call there own. We plan on getting on the road and playing for everyone that has never gotten the chance to experience Besieged live.
9.Are there any other musical projects going on these days?
Shout outs to Solanum, Sabbatory, Flash Out, and Parfumerie
10. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
More aggressive and thought through were taking it to the next level. We just want to play fast, heavy, aggressive music that just doesn't fuck anyone around.
11. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays? Sepultura, Obituary, Obliveon, Gorguts, Pestilence, Sadus
12.Outside of music what are some of your interests?
Focused on Besieged at this point in my life. I love eating and drinking beer though. Sports. Reading when I can, I actually just picked up the Talisman by Stephen King.
13.Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
Thank you for the interview Scott and thank you for all the love and support to all the fans of Besieged!!! Get your copy of "Victims Beyond All Help" through Unspeakable Axe Records and be ready for the new album later this year! www.facebook.com/UnspeakableAxeRecords