Monday, November 11, 2013
1. Can you tell us a little bit about the band for those that have never heard of you before?
1. We are a death metal band based out of los angeles california, we released a demo somewhere around 2011 and began recording our debut album above all else once we were together for about 10 months, the album will be released under FDA rekotz.
2.How would you describe your musical sound?
2. for me personally i would describe the sound to be dark, heavy, brutal, old school, and also melodic at some points.
3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
3. each individual song on the album has its own subject i will elaborate on a few of the topics, they consist of time and its inevitable to escape from an we all must learn to accept that, another track is about the fear of death and preserving your self to see more years of life, the title track of the album "above all else" is about an individual in roman mythology times who wishes to rise the level of the demigods, an another track entitled "to escape what is now" is about a vision of what can be once life has pass.
4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name Derogatory?
4. The definition of the name derogatory stands for how we have no interest on peoples opinions or satisfaction and will write the music we feel is satisfying to us, the members.
5.What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
5. It is hard to say what some of the best shows are since there are many great shows we have played with great fans attending
6.Do you have any touring or show plans for the future?
6. as of right now there is no set tour dates but hopefully soon in 2014 we will tour for our debut.
7.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of death metal?
7. the response has been great everyone always has great things to say about the music an want to hear more from the band
8.Are there any other musical projects besides this band?
8. No there are no other projects.
9.What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
9. a more deep sound with lyrics everyone will be able to relate to about life, love, the quest for happyness we all seek but have yet to find
10.What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
10. necrophagist, obscura, beyond creation, gorguts, death , control denied, cynic, atheist, carcass
11.Outside of music what are some of your interests?
hanging out with close friends and smoking marijuana
12.Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
12. thank you for sharing your interest in derogatory and hopefully you will enjoy the album once its released