Thursday, October 20, 2011

Brutally Deceased Interview


1. Can you give us an introduction to the band and what you are all about?
Unholy hails! This is Tomas, Brutally Deceased guitarist. What can I say about us? We are bunch of freaks playing some crushing death metal since 2007, although this was kinda side project for a long time. I think we played our first show as a support act for a Gamma Bomb in November 2009. Since then we are pretty active live band I guess. Core of the band is very much the same as it was in the beginning - I and our singer Zlababa, drummer Stefy joined us year later. Patrik joined on bass to complete band line-up in summer 2009, but he lost his interest in the band after studio recordings and left, so we have a brand new member - Burak, who also plays in Jig-Ai and Eardelete. Besides spreading death and violence on stage we are pretty ordinary people with our daily jobs, so I guess there is nothing exciting about it.

2. How would you describe the musical sound of the newer album?
It´s raw, straightforward and crushing piece of death metal, for all fans of good real death metal sound of the early 90´s.

3. What are some of the lyrical topics and concepts the new releases explores?
Most of the lyrics are my misanthropic views of a society. It ´s pretty tough to live in a city like Prague and to stay content and aware, cause you are daily attacked by hordes of hunters forcing you to sign something, without being asked, all so caring about your money, well-being, health care, etc... , in fact, fuck them! Then you have to face hundreds of stupid brainwashed corpses, talking some senseless shit. Narrow minded imbeciles without their own opinion, doing what they are told to do, expecting the same from you. Fuck no! Fuck you! And of course, some of the lyrics are about spreading esoteric lies, so popular these days. So in general my lyrics are about rising of stupidity and manipulation in society, all converted to death metal terminology and imagery

4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name Brutally Deceased?
Well, its track on Grave - You´ll Never See album and it sounds cool, am i right, nah?

5. I noticed that your sound has a more Swedish approach, what made you go for
this sound, as opposed to a more Eatern European death metal sound (I.e Vader,
Krabathor)?
There were no other choice. We are playing good old death metal very influenced by the early 90´s swedish scene, so we need the right sound. Sure I can use sound from my Messa Boogie Dual Amplifier, but it will suck, believe me.


6. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would
you describe your stage performance?
Our best show was probably the one in Slavonice, during our 2010 autumn minitour. All the crowd went crazy and so we did. In the end I was all so wet, sweating like a pig, but it was great. Our stage performance? Violent and intense death metal that will blow your brains out! No silly effects or childish face painting, we keep it simple and honest.

7. Do you have any touring plans for the new release?
Sure we would like to tour, but we have nothing confirmed at the moment as far as I know. We are supposed to play some summer festivals (one really great one), but its too soon to talk details.


8. The new album came out on Lavadome Productions, how did you come in contact
with this label and how has the support been so far?
Honza Fastner is a good friend of us and we knew, that he was interested to release it. So there were never talk about other labels and I can say that we did the right thing, cause he is doing great job, perhaps max that one man label can do for you

9. Are there any side projects besides this group, or is this a full time band?
It´s hard to call our other bands side projects, cause many or most of them are more known than Brutally Deceased so far. Stefy hammers drums for Psychotic Despair, I play guitar in Heaving Earth, Burak is throat and bass of Jig-Ai and Eardelete and drummer of DEOAG and our singer Zlababa has fun project Shampoo Killer.

10. how has the been to your music so far by death metal fans worldwide?
Pretty cool really. Our fan base is growing rapidly thanks to Honza and our singer, who is doing that unpopular dirty job of spending time in front of a computer screen, answering messages and other shit, hahah... and thanks to our killer live shows, of corpse!

11. What direction would you like to take the band into onf uture releases?
Good question, but always hard to answer. I have some few sketches, but not enough concrete to do any predictions. It might be some other interpretation of classic Swedish death metal sound, or maybe just another portion of raw crushing traditional Swedish death metal. Who knows? What I can tell you for sure, that we are not gonna stray from the left hand path.

12. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and
also what are you listening to nowadays?
Well, applying to Brutally Deceased, it must be Swedish scene (surprised anyone?) and bands like Entombed, Dismember, Grave, Crematory (Swedish of course, not that German piece of shit), Demonical and other acts. But if you are asking for my personal faves, than you must count in Morbid Angel, Suffocation, Immolation, Gorguts, Hate Eternal, Autopsy and shitload of others. And nowadays? I don´t think my taste have changed that much, so what I have in my player... Interment, Edge of Sanity, Dissection, Drawn and Quartered, Prion, Mass Infection...

13. how would you describe the metal scene in your home country of Chezch
Republic?
Honestly, I´m pretty sure that I don´t know more than 90% of metal bands from Czech rep. and I don´t regret it. From all the amount of bands from here are very few really good and that´s all that I like to say about czech metal scene. Sorry, this question is my personal dislike, hahah...

14. Outside of music what are some of your interests?
It´s pretty hard to manage to play in two bands while doing daily job, so I have not much space for other hobbies. I certainly prefer to take a trip into woods or mountains, when I´m released from my duties. There´s nothing more exciting than view of a landscape from a god abandoned place, specially landscape drowned in snow at dusk with a few penetrating house flashlights from somewhere far down under... basicly, when I have some spare time, I´m trying to get rid of all the fucking people I have to meet everyday, so I just relax.

15. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
Ok. Thanks for the intie, much appreciated! Don´t stop listen to death metal and support all bands that deserve to be supported... and be sure to hear about Brutally Deceased again!

No comments:

Post a Comment