1. Can you give us an update on what is going on with the band these days?
(Francesco) After a short period of relax we started working to arrange new dates. We are very eager to propose new songs on stage and we can’t wait to meet people all over the world.
2. How would you describe the musical sound of the new album?
(Francesco) AoL has a sound deeply rooted in our origins. "No waste of flesh" has marked a starting point, after many years we have transformed our roots, we have modernized our sound, but we are still linked to our personal style.
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
(Tya) Well .. The band was founded in 1998 and since then it has been inclined to treat gore and horror topics... At the reunion's time, we decided to address these issues in a way more spectral and dark, a true hell's trip. That rough approach was developed with a concept, surely more chaotic and personal.
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
(Francesco) Our name comes from a devout love for horror movies of the 80’s. Lucio Fulci’s movie has given us the name Antropophagus, but we Italianized the name, excluding the letter "H"
5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
(Francesco) My judgment is always strict about ourselves, I think we have yet to do our best show. So far we have only tested the band, but we want to reach a higher level.
6. Do you have any touring plans for the new release? Stiamo pianificando le nostre release Party in Italia, saranno 3 date, Pavia, Roma, Parma. successivamente promuoveremo il disco in Italia, cercando molte date. il passo successivo sarà oltrepassare il confine e arrivare nel Nord Europa
(Tya) Yes, now NeeCee Agency (ITA) takes care of our promotion in Italy and around Europe. Obviously, we would like to promote our new album at the biggest European festivals.
7. Currently you are signed to Comotase how did you get in contact with this label and how would you describe the support that they have given you so far?
(Francesco) In 2009 I decided to reform Antropofagus, and I started to compose new songs. I quickly found new members, and we recorded two new tracks to be published as a promotion. We have received many offers from the major labels of death metal industry, but among the many proposals we have chosen Comatose Music, beacuse this label is based on the love for music and not on money profit. We have found Steve Green, the best manager and a great man! We have a very good relationship with him, we are proud and very happy with his work. Currently we could not get more.
(Tya) So fuckin' great!!! We're proud to be on Comatose Music. They've a great passion, good feedback around the world etc. In 2009, we received offers from major labels in the industry, possibly economically beneficial.. but Steve Green is the best in Brutal Death Metal!
8. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of death metal?
(Francesco) We never thought we could reach this result. Antropofagus split up in 2002, many years have passed. In Italy we have issued "No waste of flesh" which was an innovative product for 1999, it has been well accepted even outside Italy. We did not expect this feedback, and this interest after many years, we can only thank our fans.
(Tya) Absolutely positive. In time we will develop our audience with quality albums and live performances with a great impact.
9. Are there any other projects besides this band or is this a full time line-up?
(Francesco) No! Antropofagus reflects my soul. For me it’s as the only girlfriend, I do not betray
10.What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
(Francesco) Any Antropofagus’ album will be the same. Certainly the next release will be more mature, we will insert many open parts, exploring new ways within my own playing. I'll never change the soul of Antropofagus.
11. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
(Francesco) Just the old school, all the bands from the 90’s. I have deep roots on Suffocation, Cannibal Corpse, Morbid Angel and Death. All this is mixed with a modern sound, and new techniques.
12. I know that the band is inspired by the writings Of Clive Barker, what is it about this author that interests you and what other authors are you inspired by?
(Tya) ...because he's a genius! Barker has created a new kind of horror.. bloody, mystical, figurative.
Meatgrinder and me decided that his works match perfectly with our music. We are very proud of this record!
13.Outside of music what are some of your interests?
(Francesco) Beside my job I'm dedicated to my private life that gives me a great joy. I like to practice body building and hanging out often.
(Tya) Death Metal, Nature, Trips, Soccer, UFC, Xbox, books etc.
14.Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
(Francesco) I thank you for the interview and all our fans who are supporting our work! Who has loved us many years ago will not be disappointed by the new album
(Tya) Thanks for the opportunity.
Keep it brutal!!!