Saturday, June 16, 2012

Offending Interview


1. Can you give us an update on what is going on with the band these days?
Hi! Actually we have lot of work : prepare the release of the album, update websites, search gigs, put on line the new video clip... And also look after interviews and reviews obviously!

2. How would you describe the musical sound of the new album and how it differs from previous releases?
For this album, we wanted to go farther than the first and we have finally written something more brutal, sombre and also more technical songs I think. For Human Concept, we had some songs that we recorded from our demos but for Age of Perversion, everything is new and the band's level has gotten higher so it finally gave this album what it needed.

3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the new release?
All texts of Age of Perversion have the same subject: How the human became the slave of society, religion and everything around him. He doesn't live, think and do something by himself, but only by the strongest who tell him how he is supposed to live. It's very important for us to be aware of that but also to denounce that. When can the human  break his own chains and start living for himself?

4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
I don't really know how this name have been chosen because It was decided by V.R (drummer) and G.P (guitarist) in 2002 and I came in the band only in 2007.

5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
For me our show in HellFest in 2009. It's the biggest in France and one of the biggest in Europe. It was really a dream to play on the same stage as Vader, Immolation and so many others. Offending's show? It's a brutal, intense and so "Death Metal" performance!

6.Do you have any touring plans for the future?
Not actually. We are contacted by people but not for a tour. But we would like to ! I would really like to play elsewhere and see new places and new fans!

7. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by brutal death metal fans?
We are really surprised about people's reactions : We usually receive posts on websites or email from guys who listen or buy albums and really like them. It's really nice to have listeners around the world who appreciate your work and motivate you to continue.

8. What is going on with the other musical projects these days?
For my side, I have others bands, not as big as Offending, but I also play with them when I'm free. The other bands aren't Death Metal but Hard Rock.

9. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
 
We'll continue to write and play what we really like and it's Death Metal! Songs could be different, like the difference between Human Concept and Age of Perversion, but it will be always Death Metal, Offending Death Metal !
10. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
Unfortunately, I'm not really aware about releases. I follow my favourite bands (Cannibal Corpse, Vile, Vader, and others) but I don't like the way we do for "Core" Metal nowadays! Metal Core, Death Core... It's really too much and I have the feeling that all these bands do the same thing you know? I like Death Metal but not only that; I like Heavy and Prog Metal too.

11. How would you describe your views on Satanism, Occultism and Anti Christianity?
I don't want to say "Death Metal is Satan music" or "We play this style because we hate Jesus and God"... I see this religion like others : People identifie themselves with on some points and only believe in this truth. But like others, all is not right.

12. Outside of music what are some of your interests?
I'm a big fan of comics, BD and mang ! When I don't play, I spend lot of time in stores buying new ones!

13. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
Thanks to you for this interview! Follow us and STAY BRUTAL!

No comments:

Post a Comment