We all live in Trondheim, a small city in Norway and we met about 10 years ago when we all where playing in other bands and decided then to record some songs together.
2.Recently you have released a new album, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording and also how does it differ from the stuff you have released in the past?
The sound on the album was important for us. We are old school people and play old school death metal. We wanted the atmosphere and sound to pull you back in time. No plastic drums!
3.The band was broken up for 10 years, what was the cause of the split and also the decision to reform?
Good question! I can't remember... we recorded some songs 10 years ago, never did anything about them and 10 years later Tom (Guitarist) reached out again. We where all like.. ok we got some killer tracks we never published so lets record these new ones and go for an album.
4.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
War and Chaos
5.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Killing For Company'?
Tom W took the band name from a book he read many years ago. He just liked the name, the way it has two meanings.
6.What are some of the best shows that the band has played over the years and also how would you describe your stage performance?
We never play Live with this band. It is more like a project.
7.Do you have any touring or show plans for the future?
8.On the new album you had a few quests, can you tell us a little bit more about who they are and their contributions to the recording?
We've many guests on this album:
* Stian Kråbøl is the brother of our drummer Terje. They used to play together in Minas Tirith, and now they both play in Sarke. He play the opening lead on the album.
* Øystein Haltbakk and Andrè Ulriksen are Tom's bandmates in Exeloume. They play the leads at the end of "God of Malice". First Andrè, second Øystein.
* Per Spjøtvold plays keys and he also did the design for the album. He plays in a lot of bands/projects. Multiartist.
* Daniel Olaisen from Blood Red Throne plays lead on "Iron Coffin".
* Siv Lena Laugtug Sæther plays fiddle on Frontal Assault. She used to play in Lumsk, a well-known band in Norway. She now plays in Woebegone together with Per Spjøtvold.
* Andrè Krokstad was the original guitarist in Killing For Company. Plays lead on House of Hades, and all guitar on the three last tracks. Hopefully he will be back full time for the next album.
9.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of death metal?
I've seen a few reviews coming inn.
It's a good feeling to read and hear people tell you they love your work.
10.What is going on with some of the other bands or musical projects these days that some of the band members are a part of?
My other band KHONSU is releasing a new album this year:
Terje K played drums on the new Sarke album:
Tom W is working on new Exolume album:
11.Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
Hopefully we will make more music in the future.
12.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
Well, We all grew up listning to alot of heavy music, and we all like the more groovy slow and heavy type of death metal, even though some of the tech death metal bands are very good.
So it was just natural that KFK went in the same direction.
Personally I listen to everything from Whitesnake to Bathory.
13.What are some of your non musical interests?
Trying to force our kids to keep they're shit together and I love to have a beer and play videogames.
14.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
Nothing special... Just hornz up you know and thanks to everyone out there that support music, and buy albums or digital music.