1.Can you give us an update on what has been going on with the band since the recording of the new album?
1. Oh well, We where supposed to release the album in August 2016 but the record company where greedy so We told them to fuck off. But We recorded a video for the song "Scavengers" of the new album during the summer and in November 2016 We went touring in Russia for 10 dates and show every night. We did 2 shows in siberia wich was truly awesome but damn it was cold overthere! It was a great tour Indeed and met lots of beautiful people, We will never forget russia it was awesome in all ways! Then We got home and did 2 shows in our beloved Stockholm and now We are just waiting for the release of the new album.
2.You have a new album coming out in April, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording and also how does it differ from the stuff you have released in the past?
2. It's more rock n'roll and more faster songs, and a Wider sound that covers more "styles" than the first album. For example We have one punky song called "Straight from the grave" some fast but not 300bpm with blastbeats through the whole song, more like rock n'roll fast or thrash fast songs, one song is an epic 12min song wich is more like 3 long parts and very atmospheric, and ofcorse some slow and heavy songs. The work with this album is taken by far more serious and every song has really been under the microscope and We have really given everything We have got, We are very proud of this album and It's the best album we have done in our lifetime. We have Done this album for ourselves to be proud of, like it should be.
3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the newer music?
3. The lyrical theme for this album is mostly about truth. True monsters that We have learned to fear like wolves, sharks, monster catfish, tigers etc, are they to fear? Or are they superior predators that keeps the balance of the ecosystem just trying to survive and pass on their genes just like us. Hatred and disgust of humanity as it has become with religion, society and politics. We want the listener to unleash the animal inside and praise mother earth. We need the nature, the nature doesn't need us. We cannot something We are not.
4.Originally the band was known as 'Spasm', what was the cause of the name change and also the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Of FIre'?
4. That is correct, well basically it was to many band called Spasm and We didn't feel connected to that name at all it was more or less just a working name until further abuse. OF FIRE is originally a song by Dismember and the name came up when We talked about old memories from our youth, sittning on grass, drinking beer and being rebellious teenagers with a boombox. We always played that song and it stands for the greatest time of our lives, We where like sons of fire. instantly the name clicked so we looked it up and there was no band called so We just took it.
5.What are some of the best shows that the band has played over the years and also how would you describe your stage performance?
5. Well it has been so many but top 5 would have to be, kazan in Russia, great place and superior crowd, i think the show is on youtube aswell. Tyumen in Siberia, awesome place and the crowd was mental! The most epic atmosphere Ever, a true magic night in cold Siberia. Cheliyabinsk in Russia, after 18 hours and over 900km in a shitty tourbus We came to packes place with swedish flags and people wearing clothes and tattoos with the swedish flag, heck they even spoke swedish with us and and made us feel like gods! And show was out of this world, fucking crazy. Bucharest in Romania, we where on tour with our mates in Wormwood and there had been LOTs of struggles on that tour but the show in Bucharest was amazing, the place was packed flor to roof and the crowd was like a boiling sea in front of us, it was a tuesdayand some people borrowed money to be able to buy a ticket just see us. That made the whole tour worth while indeed. Finally Stockholm, Sweden, our hometown and a place called Copperfields, nowadays It's one of the top place to play in Stockholm and We where opening for our brothers in Wormwood at their releaseparty, it was a great night with all of our friends and We manager to loosen up the typical stiff swedish crowd that night, and that is hard. A true Victory for us haha.
We are a true live band, we're been in bands and playing live since early teen years playing live is what we do best, we are natural with no makeup, no fancy clothes, intros etc. We like to keep it true, honest and down to earth all the way, we believe that if you need to hide behind a character with makeup and stageclothes and to play a role, then you need to question your self have you really got what it takes to deliver and are you really true to your self. But that's just what We think, there is no law and no right and wrong.
We are natural born killers om stage, We are the bringer of fury and adrenalin, true animals and give 500% always and in your face! No bullshit.
6.Do you have any touring or show plans once the new album is released?
6. Only loose enda right now so Not at the moment but we are working on it. We are always looking for gigs So all you bookers out there, get in touch with us A.S.A.P especially now when the new album is coming! In August OF FIRE is officially 5 years old so We would like to celebrare this with a Grand night with friends and foes and maybe play some songs live.
7.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?
7. Actually We are kind of signed with two labels at the moment with CD and Cassette release, although the CD release is delayed We have all the rights so that's why We release it digitally ourselves and a cassette release with a Malaysian label.
We are always open for working with people/labels/bookers etc. As long as it benefits OF FIRE and as always the problem is the money. We have had LOTs of labels interested but they want money We don't have and they won't gamble so they are the cowards not us. We want a label that truly believe in us and truly helps us, not taking our money. We are not doing this for the money but we won't get robbed so we wait until the right label comes around before we sign to Any commitment.
8.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of death metal?
8. It's all good, the ones who likes what We do really likes us and that's all we could ask for, true fans. All We want is for everyone to be true to themselves, not to follow the stream of dead fish. Go fetch your life instead.
9.Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
9. Who knows, we don't want to be stuck in a genre we play OF FIRE music and this album is kind of Rot n'roll as We call it but for the next album is for the one who lives to see. we have such a diverse resource of musical inspiration between the members in the band, so it could go anywhere from here but it will always sound OF FIRE.
10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
10. Oh there is so many bands that inspire us, it must be at least 50 of them so.. but to name a few that everyone likes is Black Sabbath, Iron maiden and Metallica really.
We listen to every kind of music and everyone in the bands taste in music differs a lot so It's really hard to give you a righteous answer but all the biggest bands in all genres there is We guess from blues, jazz to hardcore and prog, thrash, doom ti'l death metal and black metal.
11.What are some of your non musical interests?
11. We all praise the nature and are often out in the wild fishing, hiking, exploring and so on and it is vital for all of us to spend much time in the nature. Its probably the love of being in the wild that links us together at the most.
12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
12. We are thriller to let "Death do us all" upon the world so don't miss it when it comes out! If you like it, support us! Stay true to your self, you cannot be something your'e not, you only have one life so live it well! Praise mother earth and may she be with you!