1. Can you tell us a little bit about the band for those that have never heard of you before?- Corpsessed is a 5-pieced band from Finland that was formed in early 2007 with the desire and intent to play the way that is closest to our hearts, in the old school fashion with nods to early releases of bands such as Grave, Incantation and the ancient Finnish Death Metal tradition.
2. How would you describe the musical sound that is on the EP?
- This EP is our first release and is entitled "The Dagger & The Chalice" containing 6 songs of Death Metal returning to the original idea of the genre without too much modern connotations. The sound is murky and dark with a heavy emphasis on the low frequencies. In our music we are concentrating more on creating a dark, punishing and unforgiving atmosphere rather than relying on sweet melodies. We're not that technical or the fastest band around nor do we intend to be, it's a fine balance between blasting, midpaced and slower more doomy parts. The vocals range from deep growls to some higher pitched screams, but remain mostly in the deep end.
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and concepts the ep explores?
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage perforamnce?
6. Do you have any touring plans for the future?
7. On a worldwide level how has your music been recieved by ?
- Surprisingly most of the feedback we've recieved this far has been very good. But we are still a quite new and unknown band. The bad reviews are bound to start coming in, now that the EP is out. The music is our view on how we see and like Death Metal and opinions vary from person to person, and you can't please everybody - it would also be foolish to even try.
8. Are there any side projects besides this band or this a full time line up?
- Corpsessed is very much a full-time band and we don't consider it a sideproject of anything. Some of us still play in other bands as well - Matti (guitars) is still active with his funeral doom band Tyranny and Mikko (bass) with his band Azure. Jussi (drums) is playing with some projects. For Niko (vocals) and Jyri (guitars) Corpsessed is the only active band at the moment, though Jyri is also a session member in the Tyranny live lineup, which varies from time to time.
9. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
10. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
11. Does Occultism play any role in the music?
12. Outside of music, what are some of your interests?
13. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?