Thursday, October 20, 2011

Debauchery Interview


1. Can you give us an update on what is going on with the band these days?
Hey, all the same shit as on the first day, only with more money involved. The artist tries to survive in the music business jungle. But I can`t complain. I make my living with Death Metal music.
Debauchery has released the 7th record since the beginning in 2003. So everything`s good so far.

2. How would you describe the musical sound of the new album and how it differs from previous releases?
It differs very much to the last record, but that`s because the last records differs very much to all other Debauchery records. So I would say, the new album is the same stuff as all the other Debauchery Cds only new, and better of course.

3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the new release explores?
Most of the lyrics are still based on fantasy and science fiction themes. Zombie Blitzkrieg is about the Rage Virus Zombies killing million of people in the US. Warmachines at War is about warmachines at war obviously. The war setting is in 2666 but actually you can`t find out too much in the lyrics. Some of the songs are about personal problems and wishful thinking, like Death will entertain or Bloodslaughter Onslaught, and one song is also about cruelty against animals, called Animal Holocaust.
  1. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
The name comes from a WASP song. There is some talking in an intro on the Crimson Idol record...blabla..if you don`t stop this fuckin`Debauchery. And that`s it, Debauchery seemed a good choice at that time. Nowadays I would take a much simpler name.

5. What are some of the best shows that the group has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
The best show was at Wacken last year, but most of our shows are OK. I had a bad one a few weeks ago, when I was so drunken and my guitar playing went awry at the end of the show. But lucky me, we had a strip girl too and so noone noticed that I was totally gone.
  1. Do you have any plans for a U.S tour?
    Not really, I would like to come to the US but I have no real plan so far.
  1. Your older material was more death metal and the newer stuff has more rock elements would made you decide to add these elements to the music?
    I tried to make Hard Rock/Metal all the time but failed. I´m getting better now, so the songs are more metal/rock than on the first records.
  1. Currently you are singed to AFM Records, how did you get in contact with this label and how would you describe the support that they have given you so far?
    We started to work together in 2007 with the Back in Blood album. The support in Germany is good, but unfortunately they are not so interested to bring us to the US so far.
9. On a worldwide level how have your fans reacted to the new album both older and younger fans?
The Debauchery audience likes the new album. The last record had some difficulties, because of all the experiments. But the new one is back to the roots. Very much Debauchery, so the Debauchery people like it.

10. What direction do you see the band heading into on future releases?
I have no idea, all my plans go to Hell anyway, so I do not plan anything anymore.

11. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music, and also what are you listening to nowadays?
Most influences come from bands like AC/DC, Judas Priest, GunsNRoses, Ugly Kid Joe, WASP and Motörhead. I buyed the new Saxon recently, perfect new album really. And today I will check out Black Label Society live.
  1. Outside of music what are some of your interests?
    I`m a tabletop wargames nerd. I love Warhammer, 40k, Warzone etc. I go to the fitness centre, but only because I should do it, not because it is so much fun. I like whisky and beer, horror movies, I´m looking forward to the the new Transformers 3..that`s it.
  1. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
    Yes, check out the new album: Germany`s next Death Metal.....and play it loud!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment