1. Can you tell us a little bit about the band for those that have never heard you before?
Charles: Well I like to consider us an old school death/thrash metal band. We had the mindset of creating death metal but also draw heavy influences from thrash bands, the end result is a mix of both. Me and Sean got together a few years back in 2009 with the goal of making a sick old school death metal album. We got to writing and recording almost immediately after we created the band and ended up with our album "Preemptive Strike."
2. How would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the album?
Charles: Like a tank that mows you down with a mounted MG42, then rolls over your mutilated corpse and for good measure blasts it into dust with the main turret.
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects these music explores?
Charles: The lyrics cover war plain and simple. Some songs are more ridiculous than others, like Frenzied Amputation is about a man sawing off all his limbs, while others are more serious like Bred to Kill, which is about children being forced into warfare.
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
Charles: The band name comes from a song. I mean we're heavily inspired by them, it's a sick song title and we thought perfect for a band name. It fit the idea of the band that we evisioned which is an old school that creates music to depict war.
5. Currently there are only 2 members in the band, are you planning on adding more members or are you going to remain a 2 peice?
Charles: Right now we're looking for anyone who'd be willing to play bass for us on some live shows, if it so happens we get along well and they want to join then we'd love to add another member.
6. Currently, you are unsinged are you looking for a label, if so what kind of label do you feel that would be a perfect fit in the band.
Charles: I think any label that's willing to support us and understands our music would be a perfect fit.
7. Are there any side projects besides this band or is this a full time group?
Charles: Entrenched is a full scale operation.
8. On a worldwide level how has your album been recieved by fans of death and ?
Charles: Extremely well which is killer. That's all we could ask for; for people to enjoy the album as much as we do. We wrote it as fans of metal wanting to create something any metalhead could enjoy, so hopefully the positive feedback keeps coming in.
9. What direction do you see the music heading into on future releases?
Charles: Nothing too radically different. The music will still be a symphony of war, if anything just more extreme, with more groove, and more moshing riffs.
10. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
Charles: Slayer, Sodom, Entombed, Obituary, Hail of Bullets, Asphyx, Bolt Thrower, Ghoul, Impaled, Frightmare, Nunslaughter, , Venom, , Benediction...the list goes on and on. Recently I've been listening to Horrific - Your Worst Nightmare, Impaled Nazarene - , and Pestilence - .
11. Outside of music what are some of your interests?
Charles: Horror movies, 80's films, the 80's in general, sports (mainly soccer), military history and weaponry...just to name a few.
12. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
Charles: Just wanna say thanks for the interview we really appreciate it. People can check us out at www.myspace.com/entrenchedusa and keep up with news at www.facebook.com/entrenchedband.